Sunday, March 16, 2008

Introducing myself and Updating!


Hi everybody!
First of all I'm introducing myself since I know that some of you may not know about me. My name is Yael Magenheim and I've been spending this past incredible days with the boys and girls from Texas. I'm Argentinian and live in Buenos Aires and got to meet this wonderful group of people through Hillel since I volunteered to help them at the task of fixing one of our community's school.
I wish i could express in words how wonderful this experience has been, but English is not my first language (as u'r reading) and even if it were, i think words still won't be enough. Working with them, painting the school, making TWO HUGE AMAZING MURALS. panting two of the gyms, spending time with the kids, going to their classes, writing a Tora and having a Kipur Masks Contest with the Dallas Federation Mission and letting them see that although we are so far apart, we have the same customs when it comes to Judaism.... that's amazing. Talking with all of them, seeing that we have SO MUCH in common, even more than what we could think we have.
I'm just not looking for the words to say how all of this has gave me more enthusiasm to try to help in what i can at my community, is just like that. And also let me thinking about how can we, from here, start helping each other so eventually, all that this wonderful people had done here, will eventually reach others.
Also I expect that we can stay in touch and keep on finding similarities and helping each other in any way we can and even looking for ways to help others, not only in our community, but also in others.

I just hope that my english was at least OK so u all can get what I'm feeling, or at at least a small part of that.
Also I hope i can have this experience again and again, so we get to know each others' communities with each trip.

OK, someone here needs the computer so I'm leaving.

I'll wait for more posts, comments, whatever that will make us stay in touch (remember that when I get to go to Texas I need a place to sleep =P)

Some spanish that I think u all will understand

Los quiero mucho y los voy a extraniar (shmulik add spanish in your computer u don't have ENIE!!!!)
Espero verlos pronto en Texas (hope to see u soon in Texas)

Le Shanna Ha'Vaa Be Texas!!!!!!!!!! ^_^


BESOTES!

Yael

No comments: